Experience a different form of yoga – a yoga for the mind – that will bring awareness, understanding, and flexibility to your thinking.
We will not be doing physical yoga. This is a mindful, awareness practice that will assist you in getting to know yourself in a way that you least expected.
This is not self help.
This is self HEALTH.
In this six week series you will experience:
– how to identify and heal any stressful thought
– an increase in self knowledge and awareness
– an awakening to your true nature
– self compassion and kindness
– how to forgive yourself
– the release of guilt and shame
Tools to be learned:
– how to use Byron Katie’s primary mechanism for identifying stressful thoughts – A Judge Your Neighbour Worksheet
– self facilitation using the One Belief at a Time sheet
– implementation of insights into your life (Living Turn Arounds)
The Work of Byron Katie is a profoundly effective yet simple tool that the mind can use to end its own needless stress and suffering.
No prior experience is required.
Please bring an open mind, notebook and a pen.
People who do The Work as an ongoing practice commonly report:
– Alleviation of depression: Find resolution, even happiness, in situations that were once debilitating.
– Decreased stress: Live with less anxiety or fear.
– Improved relationships: Experience deeper connection and intimacy with your partner, your parents, your children, your friends, and yourself.
– Reduced anger: Understand what makes you angry and resentful and become reactive less often, with less intensity.
– Increased mental clarity: Live and work more intelligently and effectively, with integrity.
– More energy: Experience a new sense of ongoing vigor and well-being.
– More peace: Discover how to become “a lover of what is.”
Payment and Registration
To Pay: Send email transfer to email@example.com using the password: yogaforthemind.
Register for the morning or evening class.
Six Tuesdays – 7pm – 9:15pm
Six Tuesdays – 9:30am – 11:45am
Dates: January 16 and 23, February 6, 13, 20, and 27
NO CLASS on JAN 30th
Advanced until Jan 10th – $130.00
8 Spots available in each class.
Location: The Professional Business Connection Centre in Spruce Grove (across from the Safeway)
To register: email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your intention.
Spot is not held until payment is complete.
– These six weeks will be filled with content that will assist you in – learning and grounding The Work as a practice in your life.
– You will learn how to communicate honestly, clearly, and within your own integrity in difficult situations.
– Begin to understand yourself in a profound way that will be reduce the times that you think, “I don’t know why I reacted the way I did!”
– Feel the support of the group which helps you deepen your experience and feel the power of supporting others in deepening theirs.
– Experience real and concrete transformation in the way you show up in your relationships
Topics to be covered
2. The four questions of The Work of Byron Katie
– what is self inquiry and connecting to your own divine wisdom
– The three kinds of business
– meditating on a moment in time
– how to identify stressful thoughts
– Asking the four questions
– learning to see and feel different perspectives of a stressful belief
4. Self Facilitate
– learn how to use the One Belief at a Time process in order question stressful beliefs by yourself
5. Partner Work
– learn the guidelines that will help you effortlessly facilitate others in The Work which will assist you in broadening and deepening in your personal practice
6. Judge Your Neighbour Worksheet
– experience the Byron Katie fundamental tool of The Work as a means of identifying thoughts
– explore the value of writing stressful thoughts down on paper
– learn how to isolate a stressful situation and write from that moment
– break down of each question on the worksheet, learning how to write a succinct worksheet that will help you on your journey to freedom
7. Prescription for Happiness
– Discover your own unique-to-you powerful prescription for how to achieve a happy stress free life
Debbie is a great facilitator who will help you see further into yourself allowing more freedom and happiness. Although looking within to such a deep level isn’t easy, it is worth it. Definitely life changing.
Debbie is a brilliant and beautiful soul and is very knowledgeable and gentle with this process. I am so grateful for Debbie and the breakthroughs The Work has given me.